Monday, February 1, 2010

Getting Organised


So as I was lying in bed last night (30 Dec) I decided I needed to organise my sewing things, especially my material, as it was beginning to take over the lounge.
I had a set of wire racks that I wasn’t using so I decided they would be the best use of space for my material. Now all my material is stacked in these shelves, sorted by types of material. First there is interfacing and small pieces of cotton, scraps etc, this shelf also has patterns that I use often.
Second shelf is cotton, third silk and satins, fourth drill and suiting, fifth is knits, linen, lace and other special materials, and sixth is more cotton.
I have also tidied my sewing table and everything is organised in a caddy or boxes, and my pattern bag and irons are now to the left of me on a shelf…
I am really happy with how it is all looking and it feels good to have everything sorted and have a place for everything.
One other really exciting thing…. yesterday while we were waiting for the car to get a new tyre we went down to millars to have a look. They had a rack of material for $3 less  30%, now thats my type of material…. it was mostly curtian fabric, which is great for making bags so I was/ still am very excited! Such a great find.

Here are some photos of my newly organised sewing stuff :) Hopefully I have inspired you to organise your collection of supplies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment